The Institution of Mechanical Engineers
The Institution of Mechanical Engineers (commonly known as IMechE) is one of the fastest growing professional engineering institutions. IMechE focuses its energy on the most important issues members are facing and includes environmental impacts, and many aspects of the transportation and the manufacturing industries. This institution is most popular in the UK, but has divisions and groups located around the world for both students and engineering professionals.
If you are a full time undergraduate student then you can join for free and receive the following benefits:
- Support and help with your dissertation and final year project
- Organised events for professional development, further learning and networking
- Industry insights and member profiles
- Access to one of the best engineering virtual library in the world
- Support in crafting a great CV, writing a captivating covering letter, sailing through your interview and develop important career skills
- Support and structure to work towards professional registration as a Chartered Engineer or Incorporated Engineer, an internationally recognized qualification from a worldwide professional body represented in 135 countries
While IMechE has firmly established itself in the UK engineering industry, it has members from all over the world.